Friday, July 16, 2010

Keeping it real.

I have been told by the lovely Angie that I need to blog and after I received her insight I looked (Holy Crap, it has been a while) and said oops. Sorry to the 5 people who read this blog! The truth of the matter is I have been busy! Which in all honesty, is a welcome and wonderful change.

My pastor had a sermon a few weeks ago about how Jesus changes our workplace and he opened up with the Garden of Eden and the model that God set there for people at work. Granted, when "the fall" occurred, work became a lot more difficult. Nonetheless, people were created to work. All throughout the bible we read about working as unto the Lord and obeying our masters and so on and so forth. We were made to work, we were never made to be lethargic. Heck one of the "7 deadly sins" is sloth. After 2 months of being jobless and now having a job, I TOTALLY get it. My first day of work it was like a light bulb appeared above my head (cartoon style). It felt good to work. Good to be doing something, however trivial it seems.

All of this to say, God is so good and I am so grateful. This is certainly not what I had in mind when I graduated in December. But it is obvious to me that God is working. There is purpose and although I am not aware of the plan, He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment